Last night. my girlfriends and me decided to hold a spa night. We decided to do facials, watch old movie and eat our favourite snacks all night.
Here’s the snack I contributed. Its simple, and super tasty.
Its called chicken nuggets with hung curd dip.
- 500 grams pack of Keells chicken nuggets
- For dip
Curd————1 medium bowl
Onion———–1 medium finely chopped
Capsicum——–1 finely chopped
Garlic———-4-5 pods ground
Lemon juice—–1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Hang curd in muslin cloth till water drains off.
Grate/grind garlic to extract juice.
In a big bowl add garlic to the hung curd and mix well.
Add chopped onion,capsicum,green chillies,salt and pepper to the curd and mix well.
Sprinkle the lemon juice and mix
Do it Sasha style…
Shallow fry chicken nuggets until golden brown. Serve with dip made above.
This weekend, instead of simply taking it as a holiday and sleeping in, I decided to celebrate the birthday of one our fore fathers with my friend and family.
And like all my celebrations this one too revolved around a lavish meal.
This recipe has always been a favorite of mine and garnered rave reviews.
TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
1 250 grams pack of keells meatballs
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 medium zucchini (1-1/4 pounds)
1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Do it Sasha style:
In large skillet, cook meatballs and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut zucchini into 1/4-in. slices. In small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, place half of the zucchini; sprinkle with half of flour. Top with cottage cheese mixture and half the meat mixture. Repeat layer of zucchini and flour.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining meattball mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings
This saturday, keeping in mind the glorious weather a bunch of us decided to host a barbeque party.
Except this one had a twist: it was actually easy. No more roasting over the grills for hours or turning out charred meat on the end.
The meat was perfectly seasoned and done in ten minutes flat.
My secret: I was using keells ready to eat chicken sausages.
Divide sausages between two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Combine barbecue sauce and brown sugar; pour over sausages and toss to coat.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring once. Yield: about 24 servings.
Last afternoon i found myself in an odd predicament. I was completely out of my element as i was organising a birthday party for my nephew and twelve other five year olds.
And after some botched attempts I found myself a winner. A kids recipe that is easy to make as well as yummy.
- 1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 500g Keells chicken sausages
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg extra, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- Sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Tomato sauce (ketchup), to serve
Do it Sasha style..
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl and set aside until milk is absorbed. Place sausages in a food processor with crumbs, onion and egg. Process until well combined, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill.
- Place a sheet of pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut horizontally into two. Spoon a quarter of the mixture along the centre of each piece of pastry. Fold over a long side of pastry, brush with egg, then fold other side over to enclose, slightly overlapping in the centre, and make a long sausage shape. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling to make 4 rolls.
- Place rolls, seam side down, on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper. Carefully diagonally cut each roll into seven. Brush with remaining egg and place on baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to make 2 small slits on top of each roll (to prevent rolls from splitting) and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve warm with the tomato sauce.
This dish got rave reviews and was loved by both kids and adults alike.
Yesterday night, after a gruelling day of work, I found myself in a rather experimental culinary mood.
The results , if I do say so myself was an absolute culinary delight and will go down in the history of food classics.
- one pack of instant maggi noodles
- 250 grams pack of keells chicken sausages
- salt and pepper to taste
Enjoy the dish.
Last night, my parents decided to drop in for a visit to see how i was coping with the pressures of living alone.
Though usually i find myself frazzled at the very idea of unexpected guests, this time i found myself unusually calm.
Here’s how you can be an italian chef yourself:
- 250 grams Keells meatballs
- one packet of spaghetti
- two table spoons of pasta sauce
- salt and pepper to taste.
Do it Sasha style…
Bake or shallow fry the meat balls till golden brown. While you are browning them bring your pasta sauce to a simmer. Add sauce to cover the meatballs a little more than half way. While they’re cooking, bring pasta water to a boil and cook your spaghetti. Drain the pasta, season it with the sauce, garnish with grated or flaked cheese
One of the biggest misconceptions regarding meat is that unhealthy. Meats are, infact, one of the healthiest food items providing you with all your major vitamins and proteins.
Here i share with you one of my favourite easy-breezy healthy salad recipes and its yummy to boot to.
Roasted Beet and Salami Salad
3 medium beets, trimmed
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
250 grams keells pork salami, chopped
salt and pepper
Do it Sasha style…
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove them from the oven, unwrap and allow to cool. After about 10 minutes, peel them – if they’re done, the peel should come right off. Chop the roasted beets.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving